We are providing telephone and virtual service to help:
- Prevent spread of COVID-19 through the community.
- Maintain, always, the health, safety and well-being of our patients, employees, physicians, associates, and community at large.
- Serve our mandate of helping you on your road to recovery from concussion.
Medical Doctors/Assistants (including Occupational Therapy)
MDs and their assistants, for the time being, are still keeping some in-person appointments for patients that require physical exams, maneuvers or physical treatment. The majority of office hours have been converted to telephone appointments. The in-person appointments may be discontinued as more directions and information comes to light as the CoVID situation evolves.
Currently, for appointments that are not offered in-person by our MDs/Assistants, appointments will be telephone appointments unless the MD requests a video call for reasons he/she would have discussed with you during a previous appointment.
Our Occupational therapist is offering telephone appointments.
You can expect a phone call at the appointment time from our these health care practitioners. Usually, they are running on time. If they are running more than 10 minutes late, you will receive an email advising of the same.
Chiropractic Care, Physiotherapy, Optometry, Psychotherapy
Our rehab team is only offering video call appointments in keeping with the recommendations from their respective colleges. This presents some benefits and limitations during the CoVID pandemic:
- Continue your rehabilitation care without delay.
- Receive instructions/progressions to exercises you have already received. Using video calls, you can be observed to make sure you are doing exercises properly and our team can give you instructions on how to optimize form/efficiency.
- Our rehab team can demonstrate exercises to you on video calls.
- Our medical doctors can help troubleshoot problems you may be having between your sessions with the rehab team. If they don’t know the answer, they can get back to you by phone or video call.
- Learning a brand new skill may be more difficult without having the health care practitioner being able to touch you to help facilitate/reinforce learning.
- If needed, the team will not be able to use devices to help with any symptoms relief or biofeedback.
For Existing Patients
Schedules for our team members can be found at https://enhancedcare.janeapp.com/.
The treatments offered by telephone/video call will be listed under the clinical location: Telephone/Video Consultation.
If the option to book directly online does not exist, please find 3 appointment times that work for you and email in this information (Practitioner, treatment, day, time) to email@example.com.
For Patients Who Would Like to Apply for Consultation
Requesting a Consultation
Please apply by completing our “Request a Consultation” Form.
If you are offered an appointment, you will be offered a telephone consultation with Dr. Chugh.
Please visit Ontario Telemedicine Network’s webpage for more information about the service – https://otn.ca/patients/evisit/.
After you request a video call appointment, the process is kicked off by our office sending you an email invitation.
For a quick, 2-page overview illustration of the process and technical requirements, click here.
If you have any issues, you can call OTN for help. OTN technical support is available from Monday to Friday, 7am-7pm at 1-855-654-0888, press “2”.
If you are adequately set up for the HVV, on the day and at the time of your appointment, you will pull up the same OTNinvite email again and click the “Join Video Visit” link to begin the appointment. Our healthcare team should be on screen waiting for you. If they are running a bit late, you will see a video of yourself waiting; just hang on and they should be about to join you shortly.
If the technology does not work for you, please email us back to notify us so that we can arrange for a telephone or in-office visit for you instead according to your preference.