- Wallace, B. A. (2006). The Attention Revolution: Unlocking the Power of the Focused Mind. Somerville, MA: Wisdom Publications Inc.
- An introduction to authentic mindfulness practices, written by the Dalai Lama’s first English-language interpreter.
- Hanson, R. (2009). Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom.Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications.
- An introduction to the evolutionary constraints and abilities of our brain, and how they relate to mindfulness practices.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (1994). Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life. New York: Hyperion.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (2006). Mindfulness for Beginners. Audible.com [Audiobook]
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (2007). The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Written/Recorded by the founder of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, discusses how to cultivate mindfulness in one’s own life.
Podcasts and Videos.
- Mindfulness clinic has a lot of links to podcasts and education about mindfulness https://www.mindfulnessclinic.ie/resources/mindfulness-podcasts/
- Quick videos and guided mindfulness meditations from Jon Kabat-Zinn, the creator of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jon+kabat+zinn+guided+mindfulness+meditation
Mindfulness meditations can be found on a large variety of apps. The benefit is that these are often guided, a good resource for beginners.
- “Stop, Breathe, & Think: Meditation and Mindfulness
- Insight Timer